"for He satisfies the hungry and fills the thirsty with good things."

7.17.2012

Brocolli Bacon with Almonds

Broccoli and bacon are probably the next two food items I like after potatoes and tea. So when I saw this recipe, I decided I had to do it...well, not quite. I saw this recipe for Broccoli-bacon salad but wanted to do a dish that could go with rice. So what I did was skipped the mayo(and a lot of other things) and put in a bit of water. I then threw in some almonds and prepared to serve. A really simple meal, it almost feels like cheating for this cooking challenge. Haha.




Ingredients:
Broccoli, chopped into bite sizes
Bacon, fried, cut into small pieces or crumbled
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Roasted Almonds, chopped


Instructions:
First sautee the garlic in oil until golden brown and fragrant. Add in the Broccoli and a half cup of water. Stir occasionally until tender. It get's fragrant, too!( a broccoli sort of fragrance) Throw in the bacon and keep stirring for a few more minutes. Add salt if you like but the taste of the bacon should flavor the dish just fine. Remove from heat, sprinkle some almonds and serve.


Whew! Didn't know I had it in me to write down a recipe like this!


10/30 cooking challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts: